Position Summary: Develop Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) algorithms as essential elements of BT manufacturing processes and product capabilities. Position is based in Arlington, VA.
Reports To: Chief Science Officer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement efficient, fault-tolerant ML workflows for nanoscale material deposition.
• Conduct research and development of AI and ML to be applied to low fault tolerant and near real time systems. Emphasis on accuracy and extreme short time scale decision making.
• Responsible for recommending hardware and software for BT’s internal AI/ML R&D efforts as well as requirements to implement AL/ML in commercial products.
• Work directly with Chief Technology and Chief Science Officers to develop and implement AI/ML research plans including applications and new product development.
• Create and implement best practices for AI/ML training as applied to manufacturing and use in BT products.
• Communicates with BT’s technical and nontechnical leadership on AI/ML needs and opportunities. May be required to conduct briefs to clients and partners as warranted.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Achievement Focus – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Communications – Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in writing. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Planning and Organization – Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources with appropriate staff. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
• Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Managing People – Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth. Includes subordinates in planning. Makes self available to subordinates. Provides direction and gains compliance. Provides regular performance feedback. Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities.
• PhD or equivalent in Computer Science, AI/ML, Applied Mathematics, or related field and/or five to ten years related experience.
• Proficiency using Python, R, or other high-level scripting language. Familiarity with other computational languages preferred.
• Proficiency with algorithm optimization, multithreaded and/or CUDA programming, and real-time/near real-time algorithms.
• Experience with machine and deep learning libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.