Position Summary: Design and develop 5nm and below microprocessor designs and engineering processes in additive manufacturing. Position is based in Arlington, VA.
REPORTS TO: Chief Science Officer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research and develop processes for additive printing of microprocessors following current standards as well as moving designs into fully 3D configurations.
• Develop and implement designs for microprocessors at and below 5nm for both consumer grade and ultra-high speed to real-time applications.
• Research and develop new configurations of microprocessor structures that take advantage of physical phenomenon that occur at and below 5nm.
• Collaborate with BT technical leadership to develop plans, QA requirements, and policies for scaled-up additive manufacturing of 5nm microprocessor technology.
• Communicates with BT’s technical and non-technical leadership on needs and opportunities with regards to microprocessor development and manufacturing. May be required to conduct briefs to clients and partners as warranted.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Achievement Focus – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Communications – Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in writing. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Planning and Organization – Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources with appropriate staff. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
• Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem-solving situations.
• PhD or equivalent in physics, electrical engineering, or computer science.
• Five to ten years’ experience in the design and manufacture of microprocessors.
• Familiarity with additive manufacturing techniques desired.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.