POSITION SUMMARY: The Project Manager will organize, manage, and plan complex projects for the organization’s research, development, and product implementation efforts.
Reports To: Chief Technology Officer
• Ensures projects are completed on time and to specifications.
• Delegates work and assignments to team members based on expertise, work experience, and time constraints.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for managing projects between BT’s Arlington and Idaho offices.
• Oversees team of managers and engineers to ensure projects are completed on time and to specification.
• Delegates assignments to team members based on expertise, experience, time and cost restraints.
• Conducts cost analysis to estimate expected costs for projects and they evolve including the preparation and implementation of budgets.
• Conducts risk assessments and develops mitigation plans (including termination of projects if warranted) to be reported to the leadership team.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, industry, contractual, and company regulations, standards, specifications, and best practices.
• Work with leadership team to develop standards, specifications and best practices as new projects develop. This includes standardizing tools, best practices, and project software across BT projects.
• Communicates and collaborates with BT’s financial, technical, marketing and communication leadership.
• Will require regular travel up to 1 week per month to BT’s Idaho facilities as demanded by project needs.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Achievement Focus – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Communications – Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in writing. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Planning and Organization – Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources with appropriate staff. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
• Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem-solving situations.
• Managing People – Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth. Includes subordinates in planning. Makes self available to subordinates. Provides direction and gains compliance. Provides regular performance feedback. Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities.
• Master’s degree or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; four to ten years project management experience in commercial sector or combination of government and commercial space.
• Prior contractual work with the government or commercial production preferred.
• Proven record of managing R&D and/or manufacturing projects.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and project management software and tools.
• PMP, PgMP, CAPM, and/or comparable project management certifications highly desirable.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.